What is Beeswax?
It is a naturally occurring organic material that honeybees produce to construct their honeycomb. Under their abdomens, honeybees secrete wax, which they use to build their honeycomb. A honeybee must visit over 30 million flowers and consume over 3.6 kg of honey for every 450g of beeswax it produces.
With so much work that is put into producing beeswax there is no wonder it has a host of skin benefits.
Beeswax skin benefits – how it will help you?
Beeswax hydrates and conditions the skin whilst providing a protective barrier that helps to lock in skin moisture and create healthy plump and glowing skin. Here are some more beeswax skin benefits:
- Beeswax is great as a thickening agent so it adds a bit more texture to a skincare product. This then allows a product to stay on the skin as opposed to slipping off.
- Beeswax is a great way to enhance and maintain the skin’s natural protective layer by acting as a skin barrier. This protection locks in water deep into the skin and also protects from environmental aggressors.
- Beeswax has a natural honey like aroma which can act as a natural fragrance to a skincare product.
- Beeswax is a natural humectant, a lot like honey. A humectant attracts water molecules to the skin. Without having enough water in the skin this creates saggy, dull looking skin.
- Beeswax is naturally antibacterial which makes it excellent for problem prone skin like blemishes and acne. When combined with other oils and butters, beeswax can help to prevent them from oxidising or going rancid.
- Beeswax is naturally moisturising and will condition the skin keeping it soft and supple.
- Beeswax is anti-inflammatory so it calms redness, irritation and acne.
- Beeswax is naturally rich in Vitamin A which is necessary for the skin’s collagen formation. Collagen keeps the skin firm and supple. Vitamin A also helps to heal scars from acne and stretch marks.
A fantastic remedy to all of your skin problems can be found in the healing balm’s combination of beeswax and the nourishing and renewing ingredients, such as Sea Buckthorn oil to create healthy, plump and youthful looking skin.